Activities / Bayfront
From the back Commodore’s porch our club overlooks Buck Key, a preserved mangrove island between peaceful Pine Island Sound and Roosevelt Channel. This stunning area can be explored with our kayaks, canoes and paddle boards.
The following items are available for your use:
- Paddle Boards
Rules for Member Use of Captiva Island Yacht Club Watercraft
Member boat use is totally "self-service." Therefore, users are responsible for rigging and launching, and then retrieving, un-rigging and re-stowing boats and related gear when finished.
For the safety and enjoyment of the members, their families and guests, the following Rules and Regulations shall apply to the use of the Club’s boats.
1. Use is limited to members, their families and guests, and visiting Florida Council of Yacht Club (FCYC) members.
2. Boats and related equipment shall be locked at all times when not in use.
3. Boats shall be used only during daylight hours when the Club is open. All boats shall be returned and re-racked a minimum of one hour before sundown.
4. Members shall schedule boat use by contacting the Club office 24 hours in advance. Boats are available for use on a first-come, first-served basis. When a reservation is made a confirming e-mail will be sent by the Club.
5. Authorization to use a boat is limited to all users signing and filing a Waiver of Liability with the Club Business Office.
6. Any user under the age of 16 must be accompanied (whether in the same or a separate boat) by an adult authorized to use the boat.
7. Users are responsible for determining that the boat and equipment provided are in proper working order and that the current weather and weather forecast are safe and appropriate for the planned activity.
8. Coast Guard approved PFDs shall be worn at all times the boat is in use.
9. Users are responsible for un-racking, rigging and launching boats. Upon completion of use of the boat, it shall be returned in good working condition. The boat shall be returned to its proper rack and equipment provided shall be returned to its proper storage area.
10. Users must report any damage to the boat or any lost or damaged equipment. Damage to the boat or loss of or damage to equipment shall be the responsibility of the user.
CAUTION – EVERY USER OF OUR CIYC BOATS CERTIFIES THAT THEY ARE AWARE OF THE DANGERS INHERENT IN BOATING IN GENERAL RELATING TO WEATHER, WATER CONDITIONS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF FAILURE OF THE EQUIPMENT BEING USED, THAT THEY ARE AWARE SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THE FREQUENCY OF RAPID CHANGES IN WIND AND SEA CONDITIONS THAT COULD PRESENT DANGEROUS BOATING CONDITIONS IN THIS AREA, AND THAT THEY ARE AWARE THAT THE CIYC HAS NO PERSONNEL, EQUIPMENT OR CAPACITY TO RESCUE THEM OR TO CONTACT OTHERS FOR RESCUE SHOULD SUCH CONDITIONS ARISE.