Activities / Social Events
All members new or old are encouraged to attend our many regularly scheduled activities as well as special events, some require advance reservations. Refer to the monthly calendar on the website or read about events in the Pelican Newsletter. Members, families and guest are welcomed with open arms.
There are good ships, and there are wood ships, and the ships that sail the sea. But the best ships are friendships, and may they always be.- Irish Proverb
Regularly Scheduled Activities
- Tuesdays - 3rd Tuesday each month, additional dates may be added, Couples Bridge 4pm with dinner to follow
- Wednesdays - Men’s Bridge, 9:30am
- Wednesdays - Dinghy Dames, 9:30am
- Thursdays - Mah Jongg, 9am
- Thursdays - Ladies Bridge, 9:30am
- Fridays - Every Friday Night, TGIF Cocktail Hour 6 -7 pm, Buffet 7 pm
- Saturdays - On the Water Activities - Dates & Times TBD
- Monthly - Check our calendar for our “Meet The Artist” TGIF
- Bayside - Kayaks, Paddle Boards, Sunfish and Optimists available for use by Club members and their guests.
- Beach - CIYC Gulf Beach with chairs and umbrellas for Members
- Facilities - Boaters Bath / Showers, Beach Restroom with Outside Access, Docking Facilities
Selected Special Events for 2018 / 2019 Season - Save the Date
- October 27th, 2018 - Sunset Beach Party & Buffet - music by the Pina Colada Band - Cocktails at 6:00 Dinner at 7:00!
- October 30th, 2018 – Environmental Education Program - "The Islands of Pine Island Sound". 10:30-11:45 am, by Kristie Anders of SCCF. Lecture is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
- October 31st, 2018 - Halloween Party! Choose lobster or steak 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- November 6th, 2018 - First Island Hopper - Tri-Hemp Key - Meet at McCarthy's Marina at 4:00
- November 13th, 2018 – World Cup of Wines - Fine wine tasting event, Sparkling Wine Warm up at 6 pm followed by the Main Event.
- November 10th, 2018 - Veteran's Day Salute - Serenaded by the SanCap Singers 5:45 PM
- November 17th, 2018 - Commodore's Ball! Danny Morgan Duo 6:30 PM
- November 22nd, 2018 Thanksgiving Dinner: Two seating's, 1:00 or 5:00 PM
- November 23rd, 2018 - Family Cook Out and Fireworks! Two seating's 5:30 or 7:30PM
- November 28th, 2018 - Island Hopper to Boca Grande 10 am to 4 PM
- December 12th, 2018 - Holiday Party music by the MasterSingers!
- December 21st, 2018 - Family TGIF night with Santa!
- December 27th, 2018 - Night Sky Astronomy Sail
- January 8th, 2019 - Island Hopping and Shelling with Pam Rambo at Cayo Costa
- January 15th, 2019 - Warren Haug's Wine Dinner
- February 9th, 2019 - On The Water Days
- February 21st, 2019 – Rauschenberg Studio Tour & Lunch - Noon
- February 26th, 2019 - Blue's and BBQ; music by the Marty Stokes Band
- March 5th, 2019 - Ladies Fashion Show
- March 17th, 2019 - St Patricks Day Dinner with Danny Morgan
- March 20th, 2019 - Island Hopper Full Moon Cruise to Cabbage Key 7- 10 PM
- April 6th, 2019 - On The Water Dock Party with music by Malibu Duo
- April 17th, 2019 - "Celebrate the Season" Beach Party
- April 21st, 2019 - Easter Brunch
- May 4th, 2019 - Kentucky Derby Party