Vision & Mission
The Captiva Island Yacht Club will be the place where water-oriented recreational, social, educational and dining experiences consistently exceed members’ expectations and therefore inspire pride and passion in the club. The club will be its members’ venue of choice for sharing their island life with family and friends. The club’s performance and reputation will create continuing demand for membership.
- Offer superior and safe water-oriented recreational experiences to our members and others in our community to whom the board has made a commitment.
- Develop, execute and support an effective cruising and sailing program which enables both boat owners and other members to share in successful experiences.
- Provide outstanding social experiences that encourage development of fellowship and friendship among our members.
- Provide a superior dining experience that consistently delivers excellent food and presentation through outstanding service by an exceptional staff.
- Promote member volunteerism in support of successful committees, events and activities.
- Maintain the club’s facilities and surrounding landscape in excellent condition.
- Ensure the club’s continued viability through sound financial management.
- Be a strong supporter of our environment through environmental stewardship and compliance with regulations.
- Actively support the Florida Council of Yacht Clubs as important to club identity and as an integral part of club membership value.