Activities & Social Events
The Captiva Island Yacht Club is committed to providing members with a variety of activities that reflect their interests - including cultural, educational, athletic and just plain fun times - when they can find opportunities to get together with others:
- Every Friday night TGIF, a Yacht Club tradition – a great way to get to know new members and to keep up with longtime friends, sharing cocktails, conversations, and dinner.
- Weekly Men’s, Women’s, and Couple’s Bridge
- Weekly Mah Jongg
- Monthly “Meet the Artist” TGIF’s - our Art Selection Committee features a different local artist each month. We have many artists among our members, and their work is featured during April of each year.
- Monthly Book Club discussions, luncheon following
- Monthly Photography Club meetings where members build and share expertise on photography-related topics, techniques, equipment etc.
- Environmental Programs held twice a year, open to the public. Lectures by prominent conservationists on timely subjects such as Water Quality, Everglades Restoration and Sea Level Rise
Our Members enjoy many social events throughout the year. Our events include: Beach Parties, Dockside Happy Hours, Fishing Tournaments, Environmental Awareness Programs, Movie Nights and themed parties. Our annual traditions include Veterans Day, Commodores' Ball, Change of Watch and Kentucky Derby.